Download FREE Sample
Included in Mihir’s Handbook are chemical engineering basics on
- Simulation, Stoichiometry & Thermodynamics
- Project Financial Analysis
- Chemical Engineering Unit Operations
- Chemical Engineering Equipment
- Safety Studies
- Specialised studies
- Materials of Construction
- Automation & Control
- Process Design Documentation
- Fluid property Calculation
- Dimensionless Numbers
Utility design of nitrogen, compressed air, water, effluent treatment, steam, condensate, desalination, fuel selection is covered.
Chemical engineering calculations are included in the content. Special process items like flame arrestor, demister, feed device, pressure reducing and desuperheating station (PRDS), vortex breaker, electric heater, manual valve have been covered.
The topics covered also include process engineering design criteria, process control, material of construction, specialized process studies, safety studies, precommisioning and commissioning.
The project engineer will also benefit from information provided on types of projects (EPC, EPCM, Cost + Fee, etc) as well as interdisciplinary interaction between various engineering disciplines i.e. process, piping, mechanical, instrumentation, electrical, civil and THSE.
Process engineering documentation like process design basis, process philosophies, process flow diagram (PFD), piping and instrumentation diagram (P&ID), block flow diagram (BFD), DP-DT diagram, material selection diagram (MSD), line list, summaries like utility summary, effluent and emission summary, tie in summary and flare relief load summary have been covered with blank templates.
What is so Unique?
This book is based on practical process engineering and it is for all level of chemical engineers. It has covered many topics which is not available in any other books.
- In addition to chemical engineering, the book contains project management chapters
- Process engineering documentation are included for working engineers
- Included are many worked out calculation examples in each chapter
- Entire chapter on Instrumentation and Control is included
- Chapter on actual safety studies used in process engineering. Sample example of HAZOP is covered
- Chapter on Special Process Items which are very useful for working process engineer
- Chapter on Special Process Studies like RAM, Flow Assurance
- Chapter on Pre-commissioning and Commissioning
- Chapter on Cost, Time and Resources (CTR) Estimation, a tool used by companies for engineering effort estimation
- Chapter on Project types in Chemical Industry and how they are to be handled differently by a process engineer
- Chapter on Utility systems
- 2265 Figures and 440 tables are included for better understanding of the subject
- Each chapter contains numerous solved problems
- The book is all inclusive on information starting from simulation upto commissioning
Table of Content
Volume I:: Complete design information on various equipment encountered by a process engineer.
|#||Book Title (25 eBooks)||Sub Index||Pages|
|–||Preface, Foreword and Overall Table of Contents||—||6|
|3||Pumps (read sample article)||view||181|
|5||Fans and Blowers||view||59|
|6||Heat Exchangers (read sample article)||view||93|
|7||Pressure vessels, Tanks and Bullets (read sample article)||view||58|
|8||Fractionators and Absorbers||view||396|
|13||Safety Relief Systems||view||255|
|14||Line Sizing, Hydraulics||view||76|
|16||Utilities System Design (read sample article)||view||469|
|20||Materials Handling & Pneumatic Conveying||view||78|
|22||Steam and Gas Turbines||view||84|
|23||Leaching and Extraction||view||77|
|24||Special Process Items (read sample article)||view||191|
|25||Additional Process Calculations||view||50|
Volume II:: Includes various types of projects, different engineering disciplines involved. Engineering documentation produced by a process engineer. Elaboration on contents of each document.
|#||Book Title (14 eBooks)||Sub Index||Pages|
|26||Project Types (read sample article)||view||13|
|27||Engineering Disciplines and Sequence of Engineering||view||60|
|28||Overall Engineering Documentation for all Disciplines in a Project||view||13|
|29||Process Design Documentation (read sample article)||view||256|
|30||TBE Guidelines (read sample article)||view||44|
|32||Automation and Control||view||138|
|33||Material of Construction||view||90|
|34||Cost, Time & Resource Estimation||view||10|
|35||Inspection and Testing||view||11|
|36||Precommissioning, Commissioning and Guarantee Run||view||58|
|38||Heat Exchanger Optimization||view||156|
Volume III:: Includes excel based ready to use blank checklists, blank ready to use formats for many process documents, blank ready to use data sheets for equipment/instruments as well as easy to use calculation templates for many process engineering calculations. Additionally, many reference P&IDs are provided.
|#||Book Title (1 Book on P&IDs & 170 Excel files)||Sub Index||Excelsheets|
|40||Calculation Templates (view snapshot)||view||(40 templates)|
|43||Technical Bid Evaluation Formats||view||(12 formats)|
|44||Go-By Reference P&IDs||view||(41 P&IDs)|
List of industries in which this book is useful
Oil & Gas Upstream, Refineries, Petrochemical Plants, Captive Power Plants, Cement Plants, Utility Plants, Fertilizer Plants, Gas Processing Plants, Paper Mills, Sugar Mills, Steel plants, Textile Mills, Pesticides Industries, Rubber Industries, Pharmaceutical Plants, Specialty Chemical Plants, Perfumery Plants, Food additives Plant, Automotive plant, Small Scale Chemical Industries, And many more…
Who should use this book?
- Working Chemical Engineers
- Process Engineers
- Mechanical Engineers
- Environmental Engineers
- Manufacturing Engineers
- Operating Chemical Manufacturing Companies
- Engineering Consultancy Companies
- Fresh Graduates & College students
Download FREE Sample